* DONATED VHF radios and emergency oxygen equipment to the National Park Service.
* SPONSORED a CPR training program for boaters.
* MAINTAINED liaison with Federal, State and County agencies to facilitate response to boaters needs.
* PROVIDED safety boats for water events.
* Sponsored the annual Christmas Parade of Lights, a gala community event since 1976.
* INITIATED and successfully lobbied for a program to change State Law, diverting a portion of taxes on marina fuel sales to benefit the boating public. Since 1986, over $400,000 has been raised from this source to fund Lake Mead boating needs, including support for Volunteer in Park (VIP) safety patrol units, medical and communication equipment and a weather information system.
STARTED the "Adopt a Cove" clean-up program for Lake Mead.
WHAT DOES LMBOA DO FOR YOU?
LMBOA makes you a part of a team working for greater safety and enjoyment of all Lake Mead Facilities.
LMBOA provides you with a helpful "new member" package containing a cove map, lake regulations and other data, plus a LMBOA patch.
LMBOA sends you a monthly newsletter with information on Lake Mead and Lake Mohave water levels, current news about new laws and pending legislation that affect users of the Lakes, activity schedules and other interesting events.
LMBOA holds monthly meetings where we share information, listen to guest speakers and plan our next activity. With over 500 miles of shoreline, Lake Mead is the playground of the desert.
LMBOA welcomes all boaters who would like to join us. You don't need a boat to be a member, just real concern for Lake Mead's present and future.
If interested in joining, go to the "contact us" page and send us an E-mail. We will get back to you with the pertinent information.